Monday 12 June 2017

Vituary - Mike Martin

Mike Martin

The fact that Mike’s sister is my best friend in the world makes him pretty amazing right from jump street.  That said, Mike is a formidable guy even without the association of his rad sis.

Mike is outgoing, easy to talk to, and funny as all get out.  He’s a genuinely kind and caring dude with a sense of humor that makes him even more likable.

Mike has a precious little two-year-old who is very clearly taking after his dad already (which is definitely not a bad thing).  The videos Mike posts of his little one are the stuff baby unicorn dreams are made of.

Mike always looks out for his loved ones and would walk to the ends of the earth for his family.  He’s a rad dude with a big heart and a gnarly set of drumming skills.


If you’re smart, you’ll check out Mike’s stand-up at The Local tonight at 9 pm!




-----------------
late 14c., "death," from Middle French obit or directly from Latin obitus "death," noun use of past participle of obire "to die," literally "to go toward" (see obituary). In modern usage (since 1874) it is usually a clipped form of obituary, though it had the same meaning of "published death notice" 15c.-17c.
plural vitae, Latin, literally "life," from PIE root *gwei- "to live."


While recently watching Rex Murphy’s tribute to my late father, I was saddened that my father wasn’t able to hear Murphy’s wonderful words.  I’ve decided to write pieces that are dedicated to telling the people in my life how great I think they are.  I call them “Vituaries.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment