Tuesday 2 May 2017

Vituary - Susan Smith

Susan Smith

Susan is the kind of person who is cool without trying.  She has a kickass collection of cassette tapes and records, but what’s more is that she collects them and listens to them; she hasn’t been collecting them for years just to be able to say so.

Susan loves her friends and never lets a good deed go unappreciated.  If you’ve done something for Susan, guaranteed she will show her appreciation.

She's been through some pretty rough sh*t in her lifetime, buts he still manages to be one of the happiest, silliest, most caring people I know.

Her career alone shows how large a heart Susan has, and the way she treats the people in her life just confirms it. 

Susan’s long, natural hair and fresh face are not only endearing, but beautiful.  She’s a legend in the St. John’s punk scene and she’s got some of the coolest tattoos you’ll ever lay eyes on.  

She's passionate and adventurous, and she's got a great laugh.

She lives and dies for animals, coffee, and board games, and I feel truly privileged to be able to call her a sister and a best friend.

Susan Marie Smith, we need to get our matching cat tattoos ASAP, and I love you.



-----------------------

late 14c., "death," from Middle French obit or directly from Latin obitus "death," noun use of past participle of obire "to die," literally "to go toward" (see obituary). In modern usage (since 1874) it is usually a clipped form of obituary, though it had the same meaning of "published death notice" 15c.-17c.
plural vitae, Latin, literally "life," from PIE root *gwei- "to live."

While recently watching Rex Murphy’s tribute to my late father, I was saddened that my father wasn’t able to hear Murphy’s wonderful words.  I’ve decided to write pieces that are dedicated to telling the people in my life how great I think they are.  I call them “Vituaries.”  


No comments:

Post a Comment